Danforth Chapel was dedicated in 1946. It was named after William Danforth whose grant from the Danforth Foundation provided the impetus for beginning construction. Students and faculty also contributed money and labor to see their site for meditation become a reality. The Chapel is nondenominational and provides a quiet place for individual meditation and prayer. It is also used for weddings, christenings, memorials, and appropriate student activities.