Hours of Operation
Danforth Chapel is open from 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday for individual meditation when classes are in session. Danforth is closed to the public from Friday-Sunday as we use it mostly for weddings etc. on those days. The chapel is only available to registered student organizations Monday-Thursday, from 7:30 am-10:00 pm for one hour per day. The reservations made by registered student organizations are never guaranteed if a paying party wishes to use it for a wedding/commitment or baptism ceremony. Those things take precedence over all other activities on week days and weekends. Any event sponsored by such organizations must be approved by the University Events Committee. A University Events Committee (UEC) form is available for download or can be picked up in the Student Involvement and Leadership Center.
Reservations for ceremonies take precedence over and may preempt any previously scheduled event sponsored by a student or campus organization.
Danforth Chapel is closed over holidays and holiday weekends. The following Holidays are observed:
- 4th of July Weekend
- Labor Day Weekend (including the Monday after)
- Memorial Day Weekend (including the Monday after)
- Commencement Weekend (no ceremonies but Chapel will be open to the general public)
- Academic Winter Break (please inquire because dates change from year to year)
- New Year's Eve and New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day