Student Organization Events

Dance MarathonGetting Started

Fill out a Student Organization Event (SOE) form HERE. Make sure you allow enough time to complete your plans, obtain the necessary approvals, and turn in your form at least 2 to 3 weeks in advance of your scheduled event. You must have SOE approval before you may advertise an event.

If your group is not registered with the Student Involvement and Leadership Center, you will need to register your group online at Rock Chalk Central. You must be registered before you can turn in the completed form to the Student Involvement & Leadership Center. 

As needed for your event

Reserve rooms with appropriate reservation clerk, and obtain a confirmation number or a confirmation email. 

Obtain other permissions: i.e., retail merchandise, use of university insignia, register with Recreation Services, if applicable. 

Arrange for food/snacks/beverages with KU Dining Services or Housing Food Services. 

Late night parties: Arrange for security; indicate security plans on the activity form. Also indicate any entrance restrictions, such as KUID only. Groups are responsible for removing any post-party refuse.

Follow SILC


Student organizations, don’t forget Trunk or Treat is next week on Friday, October 26th!! Login to your RCC account…

One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
23rd nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets," Military Times
KU Today