Organization Programs and Events
SILC hosts a variety of programming opportunities throughout the school year, including Involvement Fairs, Student Organization Training, Toolbox Leadership Series, Advisor Workshop Series, and Jayhawk Impact Awards. All event information can be found on Rock Chalk Central, and officers/members of organizations are notified of upcoming programs via Big Jay's News so they are able to participate. Should you have any questions regarding these programs, contact SILC.
WinterFest - This event is geared toward KU new and incoming students as well as students searching for involvement opportunities on campus in the spring semester. For the Spring 2021 semester, WinterFest will be held virtually on Rock Chalk Central and give you the opportunity to learn about student organizations. During the fair, you can browse student organizations and chat live with current members via an online conferencing tool (Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc.).
Click here to learn how to opt-in your student organization to participate in WinterFest: The Virtual Student Organization Involvement Fair on February 17th, 2021 from 4-5 p.m.
Check out the recording of our virtual session from this fall:
The Student Involvement & Leadership Center (SILC) is proud host the annual Jayhawk Impact Awards (formally known at the Jayhawk Choice Awards). Centering the contributions and impact of students and organizations throughout the KU community, the event features over 20 student awards, including the Student Leader of Year Award sponsored by the Vice Provost of Student Affairs and the Tradition of Excellence Award presented by the KU Student Endowment Board. Whether you are an award nominee or a student, staff, or faculty member showing support, we invite you to be a part of this memorable experience.
- Arts & Culture Organizations: Thursday, March 4th | 3-4 pm | Zoom
- Identity/Multicultural/Cultural Organizations: Tuesday, March 9th| 3-4 pm | Zoom
- Religious/Spiritual Organizations: Thursday, March 11th | 3-4 pm | Zoom
- Social Change/Advocacy/Political Organizations: Thursday, March 18th | 3-4 pm | Zoom
- Special Interest/Hobbies Organizations: Tuesday, March 23rd | 3-4 pm | Zoom
- Sports Clubs/Recreation Organizations: Thursday, March 25th | 3-4 pm | Zoom
- Academic & Professional Organizations: Tuesday, March 29th | 3-4 pm | Zoom