Hours of Operation
Events may be scheduled between 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. daily, but the Chapel is only open to the public Monday through Thursday between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. for individual meditation when classes are in session. Danforth is closed to the public from Friday-Sunday, as most ceremonies and events take place during those days.
The chapel is only available to registered student organizations Monday-Thursday, from 7:30 am-10:00 pm for one hour per day. The reservations made by registered student organizations are never guaranteed if a paying party wishes to use it for a wedding/commitment or baptism ceremony. Those reservations take precedence over all other activities. Any event sponsored by such organizations must be approved by the University Events Committee. A University Events Committee (UEC) form is available for download or can be picked up in the Student Involvement and Leadership Center. Reservations for ceremonies take precedence over and may preempt any previously scheduled event sponsored by a student or campus organization.
Danforth Chapel is closed over holidays and holiday weekends. The following Holidays are observed:
- 4th of July Weekend
- Labor Day Weekend (including the Monday after)
- Memorial Day Weekend (including the Monday after)
- Commencement Weekend (no reservations but Chapel will be open to the general public)
- Academic Winter Break (please inquire because dates change from year to year)
- New Year's Eve and New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Please check Danforth Chapel Availability before submitting your reservation forms and payments.