Non-Traditional Student Resources

Learn more about what KU has to offer for our non-traditional students.

Military-Affiliated Students

The Military-affiliated student Lounge is located on the third floor of Summerfield Hall, Room 345. The Military-Affiliated Student Center includes a lounge featuring two 60" televisions and cable TV and computers with CAC readers; meeting, conference, tutoring and study rooms for reserving; and the KU Student Veterans of America headquarters. Services include computer lab and assistance with both VA and military TA benefits.

Group of students in MASC lounge.

Student Parents

There are two child development facilities on campus: the Hilltop Child Development Center and the Edna A. Hill Child Development Center, which is part of the Human Development and Family Life academic program. Both centers typically have waiting lists for child-care openings.

The Student Senate generally provides funding to the Office of Student Financial Aid for childcare grants for student-parents with children under the age of five. The application period usually begins on the first of September, with a priority deadline several weeks later. The Office of Student Financial Aid also does a budget adjustment for students with child-care expenses on request.

door opening to Hilltop childcare classroom with sign that reads "LITTLE JHAWK"